Early Childhood class registration begins the first Monday of February at 8:00 am for the upcoming school year. For example, on 2/3/20, registration is available for the 20-21 school year.
Summer Preschool registration begins the first Monday of March at 8:00 am for the upcoming summer. For example, on 3/2/20, registration is available for the 2020 summer.
Online only at www.isd2144.org/earlychildhood. You may stop by the office for access to a computer (Community Ed Family Center is located at 13289 St. Croix Avenue, Lindstrom, MN 55045; hours are M-F, 8:00 am – 4:00 pm).
Please contact your child's case manager to discuss class assignment.
The new changes for the 2019-2020 school year are:
1. Adding M-F Little Wildcats Preschool classes
2. Price increase to Little Wildcats Preschool
3. All classes and programs held at the Family Center are moving to the Primary School in Chisago City
4. Parents will be asked to provide their child's snack during Little Wildcats Preschool and Ready For Kindergarten class
The Chisago Lakes Community Ed. Family Center is moving to the Primary School in Chisago City starting the Fall of 2019. There will be no programming at the Family Center after the 18-19 school year.
Little Wildcats Preschool, Ready For Kindergarten, Early Childhood Family Ed (ECFE), Early Childhood Screening, Early Childhood Special Ed (ECSE)
Children must be toilet trained and independent in the bathroom to attend Little Wildcats Preschool and Ready For Kindergarten. Children do not need to be toilet trained for our Early Childhood Family Ed. classes.
We do not offer meals or snacks in any of our programs. We do ask parents to bring a snack to share in our ECFE classes. Little Wildcats and Ready For Kindergarten parents are asked to bring a snack for their child.
Ready For Kindergarten is only offered on Mondays and Wednesdays half days, mornings or afternoons. On Mondays the parent attends with the child and Wednesdays the child attends the class alone. There is no busing provided. Sibling care is provided on Mondays. Monthly tuition is based on a sliding fee scale which is determined by your family's annual income and there is no registration fee. This program is held at the Primary School in Chisago City.
Little Wildcats Preschool has three half day options (mornings or afternoons): 3 year olds can attend on Tuesdays and Thursdays. 4-5 year olds can attend on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays or Monday-Friday. Children attend the class alone on all days. Busing is provided (see Little Wildcats Preschool busing question for more information). Monthly tuition is a flat fee and a $35 nonrefundable registration fee is required. This program is held at Primary School in Chisago City or Taylors Falls Elementary in Taylors Falls.
• Curriculum - Houghton-Mifflin
• Daily schedule/Routine
• Consistency coming to school every day
• More practice with the new skills they are learning to be kindergarten ready
• More time to expand their learning about the themes and child interest areas
• Teachers have more time to get to know each child and differentiate their instruction
2019-2020 School Year
• $35 nonrefundable registration fee applies to all classes
• M-F AM/PM - $260/Month
• MWF AM/PM - $156/Month
• TTH AM/PM - $104/Month
Little Wildcats Preschool offers financial assistance for those who qualify. There is only 1 option:
1. Preschool Scholarship - You may qualify for a Preschool Scholarship which may reduce your monthly tuition, if your family qualifies. The sooner the application is filled out, the more likely you will receive it, if you meet the qualifications. We are only given a certain amount of money and once used, we can no longer accept scholarship applications. You may find more information here, scroll down to Tuition Assistance for further information. Also, once we've confirmed your scholarship, your May payment will be used towards your decreased tuition (The $35 registration fee will not be refunded).
Below is a list of Preschool Scholarship qualifications. You must meet these qualifications to be considered for a tuition decrease…
• Qualify for free or reduced lunch - application for coming school year is available in August
• Family must live in Minnesota
• Preschool Scholarship Application is filled out in full
• The registration fee is paid
• Child is 4 by September 1st of the school year and qualifies for Kindergarten during the next school year (For example - Jack turns 4 on September 1, 2016 and is enrolled in Little Wildcats Preschool for the 16-17 school year; he qualifies for a scholarship opportunity. Jill turns 4 on September 2, 2016 and is enrolled in Little Wildcats Preschool for the 16-17 school year; she doesn't qualify for a scholarship opportunity)
2. Pathway I Scholarship - An Early Learning Scholarship - Pathway I can help you pay for high-quality child care and early education to help your child get ready for Kindergarten. The scholarship money will be paid directly to the Parent Aware rated child care or early education program of your choice.
You may use your Early Learning Scholarship - Pathway I at any Parent Aware rated child care or early learning program in Minnesota your child attends on a regular basis.
Your child does not need to be enrolled or attending a program at the time you apply for an Early Learning Scholarship. If you need help contact Parent Aware at 888-291-9811.
Early Learning Scholarships are available for children who will be age 3 or 4 by September 1, 2019, and are not yet enrolled in kindergarten.
Children birth to 5 years old are eligible if they meet one or more of the following criteria:
- a parent of a child is under the age of 21 and currently pursuing a high school or general education equivalency diploma (GED). You must provide written proof of current participation on official letterhead from the organization you are attending; or
- child is in foster care or in need of child protective services; or
- the family has experience homelessness in the previous 24 months; or
- the child has a sibling who has been awarded a scholarship and attends the same program, as long as funds are available
Note: Families must also meet income eligibility requirements after meeting at least one of the criteria above.
Only a parent or legal guardian of the child may apply for an Early Learning Scholarship - Pathway I, and your family must meet the following requirements:
• Location - you must have a Minnesota address (residing in the state of MN)
• Income - you must have a family income equal to or less than 185% of federal poverty level or be receiving certain public funded assistance in
an approved state or federal public assistance program.
To Apply for an Early Learning Scholarship - Pathway I, the legal guardian of the child must follow these steps:
- Complete the application - information that is required is marked with an asterick
- Provide required proof of income you stated in the income section Option 1 or Option 2 (pay stubs/verification of MFIP, etc)
- Read and sign the Agreement to Comply with Requirements and Consent to share your information pages
- Submit your application to: Families First of Minnesota, Early Learning Scholarships, 126 Woodlake Drive SE, Rochester, MN 55904
It is required for every child that is currently enrolled in Little Wildcats Preschool and Ready For Kindergarten programs. The screening needs to be completed by December of that school year.
Yes, as long as it’s in the state of Minnesota. If they are screening in another state, they will need to get screened again.
Yes, but your child must be 4 by September 1 of that school year (19-20 school year, 4 by 9/1/19). No busing is provided during the middle of the day (11:30 am or 1:00 pm times). Contact Mike Negley (651-213-2023 or email@example.com) for more information and to register.
Contact Carmen Woeltge at 651-213-2062 or firstname.lastname@example.org.