ENROLLMENT AS A NONRESIDENT (OPEN ENROLLMENT)
Families who live outside the Chisago Lakes School District’s boundaries may apply for open enrollment.
- 2019-2020 Nonresident Information(pdf)
- 2019-2020 Nonresident Application (pdf)
- 2019-2020 Nonresident Application Instructions (pdf)
For the 2019 school year grades K-12:
January 15, 2019
February 1, 2019
February 15, 2019
March 1, 2019
March 15, 2019
April 1, 2019
June 1, 2019
June 15, 2019
July 1, 2019
August 1, 2019
August 6, 2019
August 13, 2019
*If the due date is a weekend or holiday, the due date is the Friday prior.
Applications for the 2019-2020 School Year will be accepted starting November 1, 2018.
According to MN Statute 124D.02, if a school district has more applications than available seats at a particular school and grade level, a lottery will be used to determine which students, who applied within the application window, will receive seats, regardless of the date of application.
Lotteries will be conducted consistent with the application priorities as indicated below:
- Employee: If the student’s parent/guardian is employed by the Chisago Lakes School District.
- Sibling Preference: If the student’s sibling/s currently attends the school district.
- MDE: Approved achievement and integration school choice plan. If you are unsure whether the sending district has an achievement and integration plan, see http://education.state.mn.us/MDE/fam/open/ and click on Achievement and Integration Program Participating School Districts.
- Space: If space exists in the grade level of requested school.
Students not receiving a seat through the lottery can request that the student’s name be put back in the lottery pool for the next application window. Applicants will not have a guaranteed seat in their other choice of school.
- Families of selected students will be notified by U.S. mail.
- Applications are looked at individually by grade and not by family. There is the possibility that not all students in the same family will be approved.
- Families of selected students must confirm their enrollment by the window deadline.
- Approved students who enroll do not need to reapply in subsequent years. Once enrolled, students remain enrolled.
- Applications need to be completed for siblings not currently attending Chisago Lakes School District.
- Transportation to school is the responsibility of the parent/guardian. However, you may transport your student to an already existing bus stop within Chisago Lakes School District’s boundaries.