The Business Services department is responsible for overseeing all business, financial, and operational functions of the school district. Areas of oversight include: financial planning, financial reporting, budgeting, purchasing, establishment of fees, collection of revenues, insurance, payroll, transportation, food service, and buildings and grounds.
The Business Services Department:
- Oversees day-to-day activities including processing payables, receivables and student activity transactions.
- Monitors activity to ensure funds spent are within guidelines established by the budget approved by the School Board and that all expenditures are in compliance with Minnesota statute.
- Ensures that the district meets all deadlines for submitting financial information to the Minnesota Department of Education (MDE).
- Oversees the district budget process.
- Assists the district's independent auditors during the audit.