Charter School Authorizer
The Chisago Lakes School District is a charter school authorizer. We currently authorize one school, TRIO Wolf Creek Distance Learning Charter School located in Chisago City, Minnesota.
To provide an educational opportunity within the borders of the Chisago Lakes School District that offers students unique, high quality, and personalized educational opportunities that are not inherently found in the Chisago Lakes School District offerings.
The Chisago Lakes School District’s charter school mission is in accordance with Minnesota Statute 124E.01 (2016) Charter Schools, which states:
“The primary purpose of charter schools is to improve all pupil learning and all student achievement. Additional purposes include to:
- increase learning opportunities for all pupils;
- encourage the use of different and innovative teaching methods;
- measure learning outcomes and create different and innovative forms of measuring outcomes;
- establish new forms of accountability for schools; or
- create new professional opportunities for teachers, including the opportunity to be responsible for the learning program at the school site.”
To authorize high-quality charter schools dedicated to increasing student achievement through unique, high quality and personalized educational opportunities.
The organizational goals of Chisago Lakes School District as an authorizer are:
- Maintain Quality Portfolio of Charter Schools
- Measured by the ratio of charter schools in levels Authorized versus any Level of Concern (determined annually).
- Increase Student Achievement
- At least 80% of individual schools will meet the course completion goal (measure A5 on the annual assessment rubric).
- Encourage Innovation and Personalized Teaching Methods
- 100% of individual schools will apply for the MACS Innovator Award annually.
- Improve Pupil Learning by Increasing Educational Equity
- 100% of individual schools will complete an educational equity audit by the conclusion of SY2022.
- 100% of individual schools will complete an Educational Equity Plan by the conclusion of SY2023.
Chisago Lakes School District’s Authorizing Program will conduct annual assessments to determine progress and growth towards goal attainment. Refer to A.9 for the Self-Evaluation Plan.