Frequently Asked Questions
If your question or answer is not listed here, please call us at 651-213-2600 or email us at email@example.com.
What types of credit cards are used?
Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express
What are the ways I can register for a class?
• Online using a credit card
• Fax registration form to 651-213-2094 using a credit card
• Mail registration form to 29330 Olinda Trail, Lindstrom, MN 55045
• Call 651-213-2600 to register over the phone with a credit card
• In person at 29330 Olinda Trail, Lindstrom, MN 55045 - Hours are Monday thru Friday, 8 am-4 pm
Please note, all registrations are not confirmed until payment has been accepted and preregistration is required for all classes.
Where are your classes located?
To view all of our locations, click here.
Why didn’t I receive a Community Ed. Catalog?
First determine if you live in the Chisago Lakes School District or not. You can visit this website to check: http://pollfinder.sos.state.mn.us/.
• If you live outside of the Chisago Lakes School District, you will not receive a catalog in the mail. You may pick one up at a local Library, Post Office, School or the Community Ed office.
• If you live in the Chisago Lakes School District, but outside the main cities of Chisago Lakes and did not receive one, please check to make sure you have a newspaper box. Outside cities include Wyoming, Forest Lake, Scandia, Franconia, Almelund, North Branch and Stacy.
• If you live within the main cities of Chisago Lakes and did not receive one, please contact us. You should be receiving one in your mailbox. Main cities include Chisago City, Lindstrom, Center City, Shafer and Taylors Falls.
Are prices the same for district and non-district residents?
Yes, our classes are open to everyone and prices remain the same whether or not you live within the Chisago Lakes School District's boundaries.
For summer activities, do I register my child by grade completed or by grade they are going in to?
You will register your child by the grade they have completed.
I’ve registered for a Community Ed class in the past, why am I unable to log in and register online?
This could be 1 of 2 things...
1. You have a new email address and there's an old one on file. Please give the office a call at 651-213-2600 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and state what your new email address is and the names in your family account.
2. You first registered for a Community Ed class in person or over the phone. Since this occurred, a staff member created your account and your email was never activated on your end; meaning that no username or password was created during your initial registration. Please give us a call at 651-213-2600 or email us at email@example.com stating that you can't log in due to registering online for your first time and your name and we'll send you a new email to get into your account.
What does “Wait List” mean?
Wait list means that you are registering for a class that is full and your name has been added to a list for this class. No fee is needed to be put on this list. It never hurts to be put on the wait list. There are a number of reasons that may occur for you to be taken off and registered in the class (cancellation, added another class, increased staff in class to handle a larger class size, etc.). A staff member will contact you if your name reaches the top (this may be a few hours before the class starts, always be next to your phone in this case) and you will then have the choice to register for the class with payment or decline to register for the class (if you decline, we will remove you from the wait list). We will contact you via phone with the number we have on file on your online account (Please make sure those are updated and correct). If you don't receive any notification and the class has started, unfortunately we weren't able to enroll you in the class. Be sure to look for an upcoming class in our next catalog.
What if my class gets canceled?
If a class gets canceled we will notify you by email and phone. We will provide a full refund back to your method of payment (check, credit card) or put it as a credit on your account to be used towards a future class.
Do I need to register beforehand?
Yes, preregistration is required. There are a multitude of problems that you may run into if you don't preregister (class is full and can't accept any more students, class is canceled due to low enrollment, instructors won't have enough supplies for an unplanned student, etc.)
I never received my class confirmation?
Class confirmations are sent out via email. Be sure to check your junk/spam folder. If it's not there, check your online account to make sure your email address is correct. Otherwise, please contact the office by phone (651-213-2600) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) stating your concern and we will find the root of the problem.
I don’t have an email account, will I receive a confirmation after I have registered for a class?
No, our system can only email confirmations if an email address is on file. If you would like a confirmation, please stop in our office and we can print one for you. Located at 29330 Olinda Trail, Lindstrom, MN 55045.
When can I register for a class?
Registration dates vary according to the catalog. Once the catalog is mailed, registration is open for that time period. August mailing - September-December classes, December mailing - January-May classes, March mailing - June-August classes.
For Kids Club and Little Wildcats Preschool, registration for the school year starts February 1 for the upcoming school year. Summer Kids Club registration begins March 1.
I need to cancel out of a class, can I get a refund?
Yes, if notified at least 3 business days before the class begins. We will refund the class fee less a $3 processing fee or the full amount to your family account to be used towards a future class. Full refunds will be issued for classes that are canceled. Refunds will not be given after the class has started. You cannot cancel out of a class online.
Does UCare offer any discounts?
Yes, eEffective January 1, 2019 - UCare has revamped its discount eligilibity program. The plans listed below qualify for discounts. See list below:
1. Minnesota Health Care Programs: Prepaid Medical Assistance Program (PMAP or MA), MinnesotaCare (MNCare), Minnesota Senior Care Plus (MSC+), UCare's Minnesota Senior Health Options (MSHO), UCare Connect, UCare Connect + Medicare. Unlimited discounts, up to $15 discount per class.
2. UCare Medicare Plans (formerly UCare for Seniors): UCare Total, UCare Classic, UCare Complete, UCare Essentials Rx, UCare Standard, UCare Prime, UCare Value, UCare Group High, UCare Group Core, UCare Group Basic, EssentiaCare Grand, EssentiaCare Secure, Care Advantange with Fairview & North Memorial, Care Core with Fairview & North Memorial. Three (3) discounts per calendar year, up to $15 per class. Calender year is 1/1-12/31.
3. UCare Individual & Family Plans (formerly UCare Choices and Fairview UCare Choices): UCare Gold, UCare Silver, UCare Bronze, UCare Core, UCare Fairview Silver, UCare Fairview Bronze. Three (3) discounts per calendar year, up to $15 per class. Calender year is 1/1-12/31.
Does Community Education offer any financial assistance or discounts for classes?
Scholarships: Community Education offers students (Preschool thru 12th grade) a scholarship opportunity if your family qualifies for free or reduced lunches and lives in the Chisago Lakes School District. If you qualify for free lunches, you will receive 50% off each class. If you qualify for reduced lunches, you will receive 25% off each class. A student can only use the scholarship for up to 3 classes per year (The year runs from August 1st to July 31st). This scholarship needs to be applied for each year. The free/reduced lunch application comes out in August of each year. Please call 651-213-2600 or email for more information.
UCare: See question above for UCare discounts.
How do I know if my class is canceled due to the weather?
Classes are canceled only when the Chisago Lakes School District cancels their activities.
• If school is canceled for the day due to weather, all Community Ed classes are canceled for that day (this includes Kids Club, Early Childhood Classes, ABE and Driver's Ed).
• If afternoon activities are canceled by the school district, all after school and evening activities are canceled too.
You can always check the website or give us a call (651-213-2600) to make certain. Our staff will also call and email you regarding the cancelation.
How soon will I find out if my class is canceled due to the weather?
Staff will call and email you as soon as we have determined cancelation.
One of my class dates was canceled due to unforeseen circumstance, is there a makeup date or refund?
This depends on the class. In some instances, the class will be reduced by 1 session and no refund will be processed, a makeup date will be added to the end of the class and you will be informed of this new class date, or a refund will be processed back to your method of payment. Never hesitate to call (651-213-2600) or email (email@example.com) us with a concern, question or clarification.
Do you offer gift certificates?
Yes we do! If you would like to purchase a gift certificate, please contact us at 651-213-2600 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
I have an idea for a class. Who should I contact?
Email Brandy Peterson at email@example.com if there's a class you would like to see offered or if you'd like to possibly teach.
I would like to teach a class, who do I contact?
Contact Brandy Peterson at 651-213-2606 or firstname.lastname@example.org