30 Hour Classroom Information
Certified licensed teachers instruct the Driver's Education program for Chisago Lakes School District students. Minnesota state law requires students receive 30 hours of classroom instruction which includes lecture, class discussion films, written work from textbooks and written tests.
Classes are offered at Chisago Lakes High School, after-school September-May and mornings in the summer.
$360 is due at time of registration and pays for the 30-hour classroom and 6 hours of behind-the-wheel lessons.
Upcoming Class Dates
July 8-19, 2019
- Monday-Friday from 8:00 - 11:00 am
- High School Lecture Hall
- Parent Meeting on July 8 at 4:00 pm in the High School Lecture Hall
- Make-Up Date on July 22 from 8:00 - 11:00 am
- Permit Test on July 23 at 2:30 pm in the Lecture Hall
- Register Online
A parent meeting is held during each 30 Hour Classroom session. Please attend this parent meeting to receive valuable materials to guide you and your student during this process. No students allowed, only parents. Topics will include:
- Graduated driver licensing
- Safety risks associated with novice drivers
- Potential influence of adults on driving behavior of novice drivers
- Additional resources
There is an optional Supplemental Parent class that follows the parent meeting. We suggest you attend. This short class will result in lowering your student's supervised driving log from 50 to 40 hours (and 15 of those to be nighttime hours). This meeting covers important information and tips about student drivers. After completion, a certificate will be emailed to you. Print and bring this certificate with you during your students license/road test.