How do you get a farmer’s permit in Minnesota?

Posted by:
  • Farming is an important part of life in Minnesota. If you work on a farm, you can get a special license as long as you are 15 years old and have completed a Minnesota Driver's Ed course.
  • You will need to go to your local DVS office and:
    • Have your parent/guardian complete a Farm Work License Affidavit (Form PS30188)
    • Provide proof of your Social Security number
    • Present a property tax statement and/or a rental agreement
    • Present your Driver's Ed certificate of completion
    • Pass the Minnesota driving test
    • Pay the applicable fees
  • With your farm permit, you may drive only:
    • To perform work for your parent/guardian
    • During daylight hours
    • Within 20 miles of your farmhouse
    • In cities with a population of less than 100,000 people